Integrated MSc programme 2016-21 by NEST: National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) is a compulsory test for students seeking admission to National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Bhubaneswar and University of Mumbai – Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CBS), Mumbai.
The Program: NISER offers a 5 year integrated M.Sc. programme in Biological, Chemical, Mathematical and Physical sciences. NISER functions from its own campus at Jatni. Degrees at NISER will be awarded by the Homi Bhabha National Institute (HBNI), a deemed-to-be University within the Department of Atomic Energy.
No. of Vaccancies: There are 130+2 seats for 2016 batch, including reserved seats for SC/ST/OBC/PD candidates and two seats for candidates from the state of J&K as per Government norms. Further details are available on the NISER website (http://www.niser.ac.in).
Tentatively, there are 45+2 seats this year with reservations as per government norms, including two seats for candidates from the state of J&K and reservation for persons with disability (PD). Further details including maximum number of seats in any stream and allotment procedure are on the CBS website (http://www.cbs.ac.in).
- Registration / Online application opens : January 04, 2016 (10:00 am)
- Online application closes : March 04, 2016 (midnight)
- Download of admit card starts : April 15, 2016
- Date of examination : May 28, 2016 (Saturday), 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Announcement of results on NEST website : June 17, 2016
- Candidates in General and OBC category should be born on or after August 01, 1996. The age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ ST/ Physically Disabled (PD) candidates.
- Class XII qualifying examination should be passed in either 2014 or 2015. Candidates appearing in 2016 are also eligible. (Where only Letter Grade is given by the Board, a certificate from the Board specifying equivalent percentage marks will be required. In the absence of such a certificate the decision of the respective Admission Committees will be final.)
- At least 60% marks in aggregate (or equivalent grade) in Class XII (or equivalent) examination from any recognized Board in India. For Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) candidates and for Persons with Disability (PD), the minimum requirement is 55%.
- For OBC candidates, the OBC (NCL) certificate must have been issued on or after June 01, 2015.
Online application is done only through www.nestexam.in