Scientia Fellows is an international postdoctoral fellowships programme, co-funded by the EU under FP7 Programme Marie Curie actions – People, launched and managed by the University of Oslo, Faculty of Medicine.
Scientia Fellows focuses on the stimulation and promotion of the life-long training and career development of experienced researchers through trans-national mobility. The Programme aims to offer career development opportunities to excellent researchers in Health Sciences. The Fellows will join dynamic research environment and further develop their skills.
Each Fellow of Scientia Fellows will have a unique opportunity to:
- enhance their research career
- perform research in internationally recognized groups
- acquire new skills through a training programme
- build own research networks
- learn new techniques and methods
- become a more visible partner for future EU funding
Researchers from all countries are eligible for the programme, yet they must be fluent in English (both written and spoken) and:
- possess a PhD degree or have at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience since obtaining a university diploma. In the latter case, the research experience must give access to doctoral studies in the country in which your degree or diploma was obtained or in the country in which the research training is provided irrespective whether or not a doctorate was envisaged.
- comply with the mobility requirements that depend on the chosen fellowship scheme – for details, see Guide for Applicants on our website. In both cases, in order to be eligible a researcher must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the host organisation for more than 12 months in the last 3 years immediately prior to the Call deadline.
Types of Fellowships:
- Incoming – for postdoctoral researchers from all over the world (who have not resided or carried out their main activity in Norway for more than 12 months in the last 3 years immediately prior to Call deadline) willing to conduct their research work at the University of Oslo. (12-24 months)
- Outgoing – for postdoctoral researchers from all over the world, who apply to work as a seconded/visiting researcher in a host organisation outside Norway (provided that they have not resided or carried out their main activity in the country of the host organisation for more than 12 months in the last 3 years immediately prior to Call deadline) and to continue with a reintegration phase at the University of Oslo. (12-24 months + 12 months)
Candidates who have previously been employed as postdoctoral fellow at the University of Oslo may be offered employment as researcher, if the candidate is otherwise eligible.
List of Hosts and research thematic areas within which proposals can be developed: http://www.med.uio.no/english/research/scientia-fellows/thematic-areas-call/
Please acquaint yourself with the application procedure (required documents and Guide for Applicants), eligibility conditions and further details on the following webpage: http://www.med.uio.no/scientia-fellows/
Complete application must include all the following attachments. You will be asked to upload each attachment at the end of the application process. Please make sure you have them ready before you begin the application prosess:
Career Development Plan
Ethical Issues Table
Confirmation email from Scientist in Charge (confirmed Expression of Interest)
The templates can be downloaded from the Programme’s website, see link above.
- Region: Oslo
- Job type: Contract
- Working hours: Full-time
- Working days: Day
- Application deadline: 20. September 2015
- Reference number: 2015/5623
- Home page: http://www.med.uio.no/
Call identifier: SCIENTIA FELLOWS – Call 2-May2015
Publication date: May 29th 2015
Application deadline: September 20th 2015