4 Postdoctoral Positions are available in theoretical high energy physics: Up to four postdoctoral positions are available in ICTP’s High Energy, Cosmology and Astroparticle Physics (HECAP) section for the academic years 2016 to 2018. Appointments will be made initially for two years, with the possibility of an extension for a third year.
Members of the section are currently working on:
- String theory including D-branes, Black Holes, Gauge/string theory duality, Phenomenological String theory/M theory
- Particle Phenomenology including Phenomenology of the Higgs Boson and Physics beyond the Standard Model, LHC/Collider physics
- Neutrino physics and astrophysics
- Cosmology including Large Scale Structures, Physics of the Early Universe, Present Acceleration
- Topological field theories and Localization
HECAP presently comprises 6 staff members, 2 emeritus scientists and 10 postdoctoral researchers, as well as up to 200 other short/long-term visitors per year. There is also a close collaboration between ICTP scientists and the International School for Advanced Studies (SISSA), the Department of Theoretical Physics of Trieste University, the Trieste section of the INFN, and the Trieste Observatory. The Section is also actively involved in the ATLAS experiment at the CERN LHC.
Each application should include:
- Up-to-date biodata
- Full list of publications
- Two letters of recommendation (may be (e)mailed or up-loaded separately)
Applicants should apply using ICTP’s online application system. Completed applications must reach ICTP before 6 December 2015, at the very latest. The selection will be made immediately thereafter. Please direct any questions about the application process to firstname.lastname@example.org.