Mathematics Research Communities, American Mathematical Society: Mathematics Research Communities (MRC), a program of the American Mathematical Society (AMS), nurtures early-career mathematicians–those who are close to finishing their doctorates or have recently finished–and provides them with opportunities to build social and collaborative networks through which they can inspire and sustain each other in their work.
The summer conferences of the MRC are held in the scenic mountain setting of the Snowbird Resort, Utah, where participants can enjoy the natural beauty and a collegial atmosphere. Those accepted into this program will receive support (full room and board at the Snowbird Resort and up to $721 in airfare) for the summer conference, and will be partially supported for their participation in the Joint Mathematics Meetings which follow in January 2017.
ELIGIBILITY: Individuals within one to two years prior to the receipt of their PhDs, or one to three years after receipt of their PhDs, are welcome to apply. The MRC program is open to individuals who are U.S. citizens as well as to those who are affiliated with U.S. institutions. A few international participants may be accepted. Women and underrepresented minorities are especially encouraged to apply. All participants are expected to be active in the full MRC program.
- Completed on-line application form
- One (1) reference letter submitted by a mathematician who can discuss how the applicant will benefit from, and contribute to, the MRC program.
- [ALGSTAT] Algebraic Statistics June 12-18, 2016 (2016/03/01*) Apply
- [CHARACTER] Character Varieties: Experiments and New Frontiers June 5-11, 2016 (2016/03/01*) Apply
- [LIEGROUP] Lie Group Representations, Discretization, and Gelfand Pairs June 5-11, 2016 (2016/03/01*) Apply
- [PHYS_MED] Mathematics in Physiology and Medicine June 19-25, 2016 (2016/03/01*) Apply