Banting postdoctoral fellowships: For all nationalities – Several Disciplines
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program is an initiative of the Canadian Government to attract and retain top-tier postdoctoral talent, both nationally and internationally, to contribute to Canada’s economic, social and research-based growth.
- 70 new awards every year across Canada.
- 70 000 $ per year.
- 2 years (non-renewable).
- Please refer to the eligibility criteria as presented on the Banting fellowship Web site.
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada and foreign citizens are eligible to apply.
- Applicants for the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program must fulfill or have fulfilled all degree requirements for a PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree between Sep. 23, 2012 and Aug. 15, 2016 (inclusively); and before the start of the award.
- Only in exceptionally rare circumstances will a Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship be awarded to an applicant who is staying at the same institution where they completed their PhD, PhD- equivalent or health professional degree. In such cases, a solid justification – related for example to availability of highly unique equipment – must be provided. Current postdoctoral fellows already at the institution must also justify the decision to continue at the same location.
- Applicants must not hold a tenure-track or tenured faculty position.
Criteria for selecting applications
- Research excellence and leadership in the research domain.
- Quality of applicant’s proposed research program.
- Institutional commitment and demonstrated synergy between applicant and institutional strategic priorities.
For more information, please refer to the selection criteria as presented on the Banting web site
Submitting an application file
A candidate must complete the following steps:
- Access ResearchNet to register and start filling out the application file.
- Fill out the following sections, but do not submit your application until you obtain a confirmation of endorsement from the Dean of FGPS or his delegate:
- Identification of Area of Research and Applicant
- Degree Information
- Banting Common CV
- Research Contributions
- Leadership Contributions
- Fulfillment of Degree Requirements Form
- Special Circumstances (including solid justification for lack of mobility, if appropriate)
- Lay Title and Lay Abstract (mandatory for the application to be considered)
- Project Overview
- Project Details
- Project Descriptors/Keywords
- Choice of Institution (as part of the research proposal and Supervisor’s Statement)
- Research proposal (clearly formulated for a multi-disciplinary committee)
- Supervisor’s Statement (including proposed research environment, opportunities for professional development, and institutional synergy)
|Subject areas||All areas under the institute|
|Salary||As per Canadian law|
|Eligibility||PhD holders or Health professionals|
|Deadline||October 1, 2020|