We are currently looking to hire an individual with demonstrated analytical leadership abilities for the developmental lab which is a critical component of the Taghleef Industries operations. The individual in this role has overall responsibility for the development and implementation of analytical methods and measurements.Safety – Adhere to and promote all company safety regulations. We make the safety of ourselves and our coworkers our personal responsibility.
- Manage and prioritize the activities of on-site material analysis testing.
- Provide internal and external customers with materials analysis testing services and/or assist in developing testing programs.
- Manage all actions and activities to assure that the test requests are handled in an expeditious manner in order to meet customer demands and timelines.
- Maintain and enforce all company safety, environmental, and department of health requirements.
- Communicate with Product Development Engineers and Quality Assurance personnel to ensure accurate and timely release of material analysis results.
- Coordinate third party testing of products, as needed.
- Assist in investigating product material discrepancies with emphasis on root cause identification and corrective action implementation.
- Lead interpretation of non-routine analysis.
- Travel to and assist customer and Taghleef Industries manufacturing sites as necessary in areas of materials investigation, processing, specifications, and analytical equipment support. • Train and/or coordinate training of team members and other personnel as necessary.
- Conduct and enforce all job duties in accordance with the company’s published policies.
QUALIFICATIONS: • Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Material Science, Polymer Science, or closely related field required.
- Thorough understanding of laboratory chemical instrumentation, most importantly GC but also others such as FTIR, DSC, TGA, Microscopy, Extractions etc.
- Prefer at least 5 years’ experience in plastics or a related industry.
- Self-motivated, innovative, and detail-oriented, with strong leadership ability. • Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills. • Working knowledge of all common software packages such as Microsoft Office.
Closing date: Untill filled
Type: Full Time – Experienced
Industry Segment: Chemistry
Development-Product, Laboratory, Research-Applied