Associate Professor in Mathematics: Department of Mathematics, University of Oslo, Norway. The Department of Mathematics at the University of Oslo invites applications for an Associate Professorship in Mathematics.
General information about the position:
Applicants must document scientific qualifications in his/her field, equivalent to a Associate professor position. The successful applicant must be able to teach at all levels and to supervise Master and PhD students. 50% of the working time will be devoted to teaching, teaching related activities and administrative duties. The successful applicant may furthermore be required to take on other teaching duties and administrative tasks, by request from the Department or the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences. Teaching is given in Norwegian and English. Foreign language speakers will be expected to be able to teach in Norwegian within three years after being hired.
Applicants, who at the time of appointment cannot provide documentary evidence of formal teaching competence, must acquire such competence during a period of two years.
Specific information about the position:
- seeking candidates with research interests within Several complex variables, Mathematical logic or Operator algebras.
- strong research profile demonstrating her/his ability to work independently.
- should be open for interdisciplinary scientific cooperation.
- maintain and further develop our considerable network of national and international academic connections.
As a general rule an interview will be used in the appointment process, and it may be appropriate to require trial lectures. The basis for assessment will be the scholarly production of the applicant, other qualifications, pedagogical or educational, the applicant’s qualifications within leadership and administration as well as the general personal suitability. In ranking the competent applicants, the full range of qualifications will be considered and explicitly assessed. Cf. the Rules for appointments to associate professorships. For more information see here.
Application must include:
- Application letter
- CV and attachments
- Up to 10 selected scientific publications the applicant wishes to include in the evaluation
- List of scientific production with bibliographic references
- A portfolio containing documentation of teaching experience, capability of external fund raising and other qualifications the applicant wants to have considered
- A research plan describing the applicant’s scientific ambitions for the position
Application with CV, application letter, list of publications and any other attachments that one wishes the committee to consider, must be sent through the University of Oslo’s recruitment system, Easycruit.
Application deadline: 1 November, 2015
For more information :http://www.math.uio.no