Associate senior lecturer in soil biology with specialization in carbon and nutrient circulation in plant-soil systems at the Department of Soil and Environment, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU), Uppsala. A position is available as associate senior lecturer in soil biology with specialisation in carbon and nutrient circulation in plant-soil systems, at SLU, Uppsala.
The Department of Soil and Environment offers a stimulating research environment where soil properties and processes are studies from different perspectives. The position is placed in a strong research environment where molecular analyses constitutes a foundation for integrating theories of how microorganisms interact with plants to regulate biological processes in soils as well as ecosystem production and carbon sequestration.
Tasks / Duties:
The associate senior lecturer is expected to establish research in one of the following areas: soil biochemistry, microbial ecology and soil ecology with a focus on the role of soil organic matter in ecosystem cycling of carbon and plant nutrients. Of particular interest are studies of soil biological processes that integrate across scales (from the molecular level to ecosystems) and target interactions between different ecosystem components. The holder of the position is also expected to take active part in teaching at bachelor and master’s levels as well as in PhD student supervision. Specific criteria for promotion to Senior Lecturer have been established by the Faculty Board.
Eligibility / requirements:
- Eligible for employment as associate senior lecturer are candidates who
- hold a PhD or have equivalent academic qualifications.
- Priority should be given to candidates who have received a PhD or equivalent qualifications no longer than seven years before the application deadline (considering career breaks, e.g. due to parental leave).
- For an appointment as associate senior lecturer, the candidate must be scientifically proficient in the subject area of the position.
- Experience of research environments outside of SLU equivalent to a post-doctoral period, or a PhD degree from another university, is a merit.
- Good ability to communicate in written and spoken English is required.
On consideration for appointment as associate senior lecturer emphasis is primarily put on qualitative indicators of the applicant’s academic skills. Furthermore, the assessment also includes evaluation of the applicant’s ability to develop an independent line of research within the research field, and to meet the requirements for promotion to Senior Lecturer in the context of the employment qualifications. Particular emphasis will be placed on the applicant’s competence in any or several of the following areas:
3) process-oriented soil ecology and modelling.
Communication skills and ability to collaborate across several of the department’s research areas, as well as research project management skills, are required. Teaching experience is considered a merit.
Last date : October 23, 2015
For more information: Prefekt Håkan Marstorp firstname.lastname@example.org
Fakultetshandläggare Elisabeth Pettersson email@example.com