BIOTECHNOLOGY INDUSTRY RESEARCH ASSISTANCE COUNCIL (A Govt, of India Enterprise)
Under the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India
BIG (Kick Starting Enteprenarship) Call for Proposal under BIOTECHNOLOGY IGNITION GRANT (BIG)
Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC), a Section 8 ‘Not-for-Profit Company’ of Government of India, has been set up as DBT’s interface agency, to serve as a single window for emerging biotech companies.
The scheme enables technology innovators and entrepreneurs to pursue a promising technology idea and establish and validate proof of concept (POC) for the idea.
BIRAC invites proposals from
- Having a registered company incorporated on/after 1stJuly, 2012.
- Incubating in a Technology Business Incubator. Who have innovative technology idea with considerable potential for impact/ commercialization.
- BIG isforhigh level of innovation in the Biotechnology sector. BIG does not support basic research projects.
- BIG scheme supports only up-to Proof-of-Concept stage.
- Grant-in-Aid up-to Rs50 lakh. 38 Grant period is 18 months.
- Mentoring support and Project Monitoring by BIG Partner.
The BIG scheme is implemented by our BIG Partners
How to Apply
Only Online submission of proposal is allowed under BIG scheme. Register on BIRAC website under “BIG User” for submission of proposal. User registrations open round the clock. Prior recipient of BIG grant are ineligible. For further details on the scheme, eligibility criteria, FAQs and registration log on to www.birac.nic.in.
|Submission Closes (midnight of) 14th August, 2015 |
Visit our schemes at www.birac.nic.in
For any queries, please contact BIG partners or Mr. Rajneesh Kumar, Manager, IP & TM, BIRAC Email: firstname.lastname@example.org