Estophilus Scholarship Program: The Estonian Institute offers scholarships to holders of a doctoral degree or Master’s or Doctoral students who are citizens of a foreign state and are studying at a university abroad, to write a research paper on an Estonia-related topic or to gather material for it.
The Estonian Institute offers scholarships to holders of a doctoral degree or Master’s or Doctoral students who are citizens of a foreign state and are studying at a university abroad, to write a research paper on an Estonia-related topic or to gather material for it.
Scholarship provided: The scholarship is designated to cover subsistence expenses, tuition fees and costs directly connected with the research; it may be granted for a period ranging from two to ten months. Most offen the grant period is 2-5 months. The scholarship for one month is 500 EUR.
|Organization and country||Estonian Institute, Estonia|
|Fellowship Level||Masters, PhD, Post Doc, Training & Short courses|
|Subject areas||All disciplines covered by the University|
|Deadline||01 March and 01 October.|
Note: Knowledge of Estonian is an advantage but not a requirement.
The scholarship is granted by the Council of Academic Studies of Estonian Language and Culture Abroad, involving experts when necessary. The scholarship is financed by the Estonian Ministry of Education and Research and administered by the Estonian Institute.
Application Procedure: See below the Key points for Applying
The following documents should be presented for applying:
- Estophilus’ online application form
- The completed application form (Please send this form by regular mail)
- Plan of research
- Certificate proving the applicant’s status as a postgraduate student or a copy of a document proving his or her PhD degree
- Written confirmation from an Estonian research or development institution to receive the applicant. In the confirmation letter, the receiver must give a short overview in Estonian about the research topic and justify the significance of the research for Estonia (max 1 A4).
- For postgraduate students a recommendation from their research supervisor
The application and accompanying documents, marked ‘Estophilus’, should be submitted also by regular mail to the secretariat of the Council at the Estonian Institute, Suur-Karja 14, 10140 Tallinn.
Further information can be obtained via e-mail katrin.maiste at estinst.ee or phone + 372 6 314 355+ 372 6 314 355.
Contact Details: Estonian Institute
Tel +372 6 314 355
keelkultuur at einst.ee