Call for Faculty Positions in the School of Computing and Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Mandi: The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Mandi invites applications for faculty positions at the level of Assistant Professor (Contract), Assistant Professor, and Associate Professor in the School of Computing and Electrical Engineering (SCEE).
Candidates who are interested in research in Computer Science (CS) or Electrical Engineering (EE) and have a proven track record relevant to these areas are encouraged to apply. Applicants should have a passion for teaching, should be exceptionally motivated, and
should have an established-record of high-quality research. IIT Mandi promotes an interdisciplinary culture and SCEE faculty can collaborate with Institute faculty in other areas of engineering, basic sciences, and humanities and social sciences. Also, with its location in the Himalayas, IIT Mandi provides unique opportunities for research on socially-relevant technologies for the Himalayan region. We are hiring in all CS and EE areas with preference to the following areas:
- Computer Systems: Architecture, Operating system and Computer networks ,
- Software: Programming language & Systems, Software verification & analysis, Compilers, Theoretical computer science and its interdisciplinary applications ,
- Data Mining: Scalable analytic, visualization, Cloud computing,
- Human computer interaction: Intelligent interface, virtual reality. Computational cognitive science VLSI Technology and design: Analog and mixed signal VLSI design, VLSI design testing and verification. Semiconductor devices and VLSI technology,
- Communication: Wireless networks and technologies. Optical communications and networking. Signal processing for communications, microwave communications, antenna design and EM wave propagation,
- Energy Technology and Power systems: Electrical power systems including deregulation, distributed power generation and smart grid, power electronics and renewable energy systems,
A Ph.D. degree is necessary for a faculty position at IIT Mandi; however, candidates who have submitted their Ph.D. thesis recendy or are close to completing their Ph.D. degree may also apply. The last date for receiving applications is 5 pm 1ST, 31lh January, 2016. After this deadline, applications may be considered until faculty positions get filled.
Application Procedure and further information:
Please apply online at: http://www.iitmandi.ac.in/oaf
For the terms and conditions and other details about the application procedure, please see the document: FACULTY ADVERTISEMENT NO. IIT MANDI/2/2011 DATED 12th October, 2011 (Rev. 23rd July 2014) and FACULTY ADVERTISEMENT NO. IITMANDI/ADMIN/RA/2014/01 DATED 17 thSeptember, 2014.
For queries, please contact, Dr. Anil K. Sao, Chairperson, SCEE, Indian Institute of Technology Mandi, via email (chairsceefgiitmandi.ac.in). General information about the School of Computing and Electrical Engineering can be found on the following website:http://www.iitmandi.ac.in/institute/faculty c&ee.html.
Contact Information: Phone: +91 1905-267066
Fax: +91 01905-267009
Kamand Campus, VPO Kamand
District Mandi – 175005 Himachal Pradesh
IIimachal Pradesh, India