Integrated Ph. D. Admissions 2016: Applications are invited from highly motivated students for admission to the Integrated Ph.D. programme starting from 1st August 2016 at the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research –Thiruvananthapuram (IISER-TVM). Applicants appearing in the final year Bachelor degree examination are eligible to apply.
However, if selected, their admission will be subjected to fulfilling the minimum eligibility criteria for the individual school. Online Applications will be opened from (18-12-2015)
About IISER: Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Thiruvananthapuram (IISER-TVM) is dedicated to scientific research and science education of international standards. Traditionally, teaching has been segregated from research in undergraduate science curricula in our country. IISERs were established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, to bridge this dichotomy. IISER-TVM started functioning in August 2008. The institute aims to provide high quality education in modern science, integrating it with outstanding research at the undergraduate level itself, and develop a spirit of research cutting across disciplines. The faculty are engaged in research in the frontier areas of basic sciences, with a high degree of autonomy and creativity.
|Schools||Eligibility Criteria||About the written test|
Selection Procedure for mathematical sciences
- Please go through the FAQ page thoroughly before filling up the application form.
- Applicants should complete the online application form by going to the following URL: http://www.iisertvm.in/iphd/.
- Applicants will also be prompted to upload all the supporting documents, like photograph, proof of date of birth, mark-list, community certificate, in JPEG/GIF formats only
- GE/OBC [SC/ST] candidates are reqired to make a payment of Rs. 200/- [Rs. 100/-] as processing fee through the Powerjyoti Account (Please download the PDF file of the challan for application fee through Powerjyoti.)
- On submission of the online application form, the applicants will receive an acknowledgment email with an application number.
- Short-listed applicants will be invited for a written test/interview at IISER-TVM.
- Last date for the submission of the online application for Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics is 27 January, 2016.
Important dates for School of Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics
|Opening of online application portal||18 December 2015|
|Last date for receipt of online applications||27 January 2016[18:00 hrs IST]|
|Announcement of shortlisted candidates on the Institute’s website http://www.iisertvm.ac.in||29 January 2016 [17:00 hrs IST]|
|Written test for candidates||05 March 2016 [Forenoon]|
|Declaration of the results of the written examination||05 March 2016 [Afternoon]|
|Firs round of Interview for candidates shortlisted from written exam||05 March 2016 [Afternoon]|
|Delcaration of the results fo the First round of interview||05 March 2016 [Late Evening]|
|Final round Interview for first round cleared candidates||06 March 2016 [09:30 hrs IST]|
|Declaration of Provisionally Selected candidates||06 March 2016 [after 19.00 hrs IST]|
(* Online portal for Physics will be opened after declaration of JEST 2016 results)
Venue : IISER – Thiruvananthapuram, CET Campus, Thiruvananthapuram
Mere fulfilling the eligibility criterion does not entitle applicants to be called for the test and interview