INTERNATIONAL FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM (JAUW) 2016 Currently Inviting Applications: Japanese Association of University Women (JAUW) is now calling for Applications for its 2016 International Fellowships. This program is to offer core funding to financially help you come and stay in Japan when you have found that it is preferable or very important for you to stay in Japan to further pursue your ongoing study/research.
Japanese Association of University Women (JAUW), established in 1946, is a member ofIFUW; the world’s leading organization for women. JAUW shares IFUW’s mission together with its 50+ member associations around the globe.
Announcement of Results The winners of this fellowship will be notified by e-mail in early June, 2016. Toward the middle of June in 2016, their names will be made public on the JAUW web-site. We will send an e-mail notifying the results to all the other applicants by around the end of June 2016.
|Japanese Association of University Women (JAUW)
|¥700,000 to ¥1,000,000
|March 31, 2016
For details of this program, please see the INSTRUCTIONS, which is downloadable from below.
INSTRUCTIONS for 2016 JAUW International Fellowship Application, (pdf)
- You are a woman of any nationality but other than Japanese, living outside Japan at the time of application.
- You have received a Master’s degree or its equivalent, and presently work outside academia, or you are a student/researcher higher than MA /its equivalent level (typically of pre-doctoral or dissertation level). Postdoctoral researchers may apply but they may be placed lower in priority.
- You have to find a host university or institution in Japan by yourself, and have to submit, at the time of application, a Letter of Acceptance from that host or from your prospective supervisor thereof. JAUW will not extend any help regarding this matter.
- You have to explain in your proposal why you have to come to stay in Japan to pursue your ongoing study or research.
- You have to state clearly in your proposal how and in what aspect you will contribute to your home country through your study/ research in Japan.
- Up to two fellowships will be awarded under this Program.
- The duration of your stay in Japan and various other factors will be taken into consideration in deciding the total amount of grant. This grant is for 5 to 6 months between September 2016 and March 2017, depending on your proposal.
- One third of the total amount will be paid at the time of your arrival in Japan. The rest will normally be paid within 40 days after the initial payment.
- However, the latter amount (i.e. two thirds of the total) may be payable in two or three installments, depending on circumstances surrounding the grantee in Japan.
To apply, you have to use the designated forms, downloadable from here :
2016 Application Form Part 1(Personal Data), (pdf) &word (docx)
2016 Application Form Part 2 (Proposal & Related Data), (pdf) & word (docx)
2016 Form of a Letter of Acceptance/Confirmation/Invitation, (pdf) & word (docx)
(Be sure to ask your host professor etc. to use this form when writing a Letter of Acceptance. Other forms shall not be accepted.)
Contact: JAUW International Fellowship Committee
Deadline：March 31, 2016