USIT – Center for Information provides infrastructure and IT services / solutions to the University of Oslo and the higher education sector in Norway. University of Oslo have complex and large computer systems, and our computer systems are constantly under attack. University-CERT was formed to detect such attacks, dealing with IT security incidents and to contribute to continuous improvement of system security as well as routines. The attack methods and protection mechanisms are continually changing. We are looking for a versatile and technically updated person to be working together with us to maintain and improve data security at the University of Oslo.
- Incident management (participation in University-CERT):
* participation in different shifts
* analysis / investigation of events
* information work
- Proactive security work – counseling, develop and document policies
- Coordination and management of security alerts from suppliers and
- Develop / maintain / use tool for detection of
* log analysis
* NetFlow / analysis
* Vulnerability Scanning
- Risk analysis of complex IT systems
- Preparation and maintenance of contingency plans
Qualification requirements for the position
- Relevant education from university or college, at least equivalent to bachelor level.Prior learning relevant to the tasks can compensate education requirement.
- Documented experience in the IT security work
- Excellent written and verbal abilities in English and Norwegian
- Wide and deep IT knowledge of operating systems, network protocols
- Must master both Linux and Windows
- Must be one or more scripting languages eg. shell scripting, perl, python, ruby, etc.
It will be emphasized
- Knowledge of Mac OS X
- Database Knowledge
- Experience of events management
- Hands-on experience of large and complex IT environment
As a person you
- Independent, enthusiastic and willing to learn
- Structured and can cope with stress
- You can work in teams
- Curious about the subject and have the desire to stay up to date
We can offer
- Interesting work in a strong and inspiring work
- Good training and development opportunities
- Opportunities to affect everyday life
- Welfare offers
The position is permanent and will be embedded as Chief Engineer (code 1087).Particularly qualified personnel may be employed as a senior engineer (code 1181).
Eligibility requirement for a senior engineer’s degree from a university or college at least equivalent to master level. Prior learning relevant to the tasks can compensate for continuing education. It is a condition with extensive relevant professional experience and special high-level customized the functions.
For senior engineer tasks also include:
- Responsibility for risk assessments
- Elaboration of policies
- The technical responsibility for parts of the security portfolio
The position will be compensated in the following pay range:
* Head Engineer: salary grade 55-65, kr. 467,700 – 560,700 depending on experience and qualifications.
* Senior Engineer: salary grade 62-75 £ 529,800 – 676,800 depending on experience and skills. must submit the following attachments with the application:
- Cover Letter
University has specific agreements on the university’s rights to research results generated by employees, including the rights to research results.
According to the Freedom of Information Act § 25 subsection 2 of information concerning the applicant be made public even though the applicant has requested not to be listed on the list of applicants.
- Job type:
- Full / Part Time:
- June 2015
- Reference Number:
- Espen Grøndal
tel: +47 22850491
mobile: +47 93497158