The Paul Scherrer Institute (PSI) is inviting applications for two doctoral students SNF funded project in the field of proton therapy for the Center for Proton Therapy and the Laboratory for Scientific Computing.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- To work on a SNF funded project into Positron Emission Tomographic PET imaging for guiding proton therapy
- Simulation and testing of novel PET detectors for in-vivo range verification of proton therapy
- PET imaging for biological guidance of proton therapy
- PET imaging for tomor tracking
- Applicant must hold Master’s degree in Physics, Biomedical Engineering or Engineering
- A good affinity for mathematical modeling
- Previous experience with Monte Carlo techniques, particularly in radiotherapy applications would be considered an asset for this post
- Good teamwork abilities
Apply online including addresses of referees for the position as a PhD student (index no. 1723-00).
|Organization||Paul Scherrer Institute (PSI)|
|Subject areas||Physics, Biomedical Engineering, Engineering|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||31 July 2020|