The Department of Materials Science and Engineering at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) has a vacancy for a two PhD positions. The goal is to develop ferroelectric domain walls for nanoelectronics with a focus on neuromorphic circuitry.
About the position:
- The PhD students will join the team of experimental and computational scientists.
- One of the positions will mainly focus on scanning probe microscopy (SPM) characterization of domain walls, exploiting the capabilities of our state-of-the-art SPM laboratory.
- The other position will be dedicated to performing density functional theory (DFT) calculations on domain walls to understand their structure, mobility and electrical transport properties.
- The PhD students will collaborate closely with more experienced experimental and computational scientists in our group. The PhD students should hold, or soon obtain, master’s degrees or equivalent within the field of materials science, materials chemistry or solid-state physics.
- Candidate must have or complete before the summer of 2021, a master’s degree in the field of Materials Science, Materials Chemistry or Solid-State Physics.
- Excellent written and oral English language skills as well as presentation skills are required.
Apply online and the application must include:
- CV, certificates and diplomas
- Academic works – published or unpublished (candidate would like to be considered in the assessment).
- Name and address of three referees
|Organization||Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)|
|Subject areas||Materials Science, Materials Chemistry, Solid-State Physics|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||16th November 2020|
- Total Jobs 18 Jobs
- Address Norway