02 Postdoc High Energy Physics: University of Cambridge – Two (02) Research Assistant/Associate (Fixed Term) positions at the High Energy Physics Group in the Department of Physics, University of Cambridge. The department has up to two vacancies for Postdoc Research Associates working on LHC phenomenology with starting dates around Oct 1, 2018.
Funding: The positions will be funded by the ERC grant in the project”New level of theoretical precision for LHC Run 2 and beyond” and will be a part of the Centre for Precision Studies in Particle Physics at Cambridge.
- The successful candidates will have a PhD (or doctoral thesis soon to be submitted).
- Candidates will have expertise in precision calculations for hadron colliders (NLO & NNLO calculations, calculations of multiloop/multileg amplitudes & matching parton showers with higher order calculations) and high precision tests of the Standard Model relevant to searches for physics beyond the Standard Model.
- The successful candidates will benefit from the excellent academic atmosphere at Cambridge, computing and travel support, and from the Centre’s dynamic visitor programme.
- The candidate will be expected to interact closely with both the Experimental groups at the Cavendish Laboratory and Theory groups at the Cavendish Laboratory and at DAMPT.
- Independent work, consistent with the Centre’s overall goals, is also encouraged.
Type of Position:
- The funds for this post are available for two years in the first instance.
- To apply online for this vacancy, please see below.
- Applicants should provide a Curriculum Vitae (CV), covering note, list of publications and a statement of research interests together with the contact information of three referees.
- Please quote reference KA13970 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy. Informal enquiries can be addressed to Dr. Alexander Mitov: firstname.lastname@example.org.
DEPARTMENT: Department of Physics
Fellowship: £25,728-£30,688 or £31,604-£38,833
CLOSING DATE: 18 December 2017
|Organization||University of Cambridge|
|Fellowship amount||As per Uni. Rules|
|Deadline||18 December 2017|