The Faculty of Applied Sciences, Department of Biotechnology at Delft University of Technology invites applications for three tenure-track Assistant Professor positions in Biotechnology.
About the positions:
- Candidate should be talented and motivated candidates who will develop new, independent research lines in industrial or environmental biotechnology. Proposed research lines can be either experimental, computational and/or focused on process engineering.
- Possible research directions could, for example, be the i) metabolic engineering of microorganisms for the direct or indirect use of electricity in industrial processes, ii) biopolymer production by microbial consortia, or (iii) process engineering for the development of continuous, sustainable bioprocesses.
- Successful applicants can expect a competitive start-up package for their research program, which they should further expand by attracting external research funding.
- At the start of the tenure-track selected candidates will be appointed as Assistant Professor for the duration of six years.
- Applicant must hold Master’s and PhD in Biology, Chemistry, (Bio)Chemical Engineering, and/or equivalent discipline(s)
- Relevant post-doctoral research experience
- A vision on how to develop a new, independent research line that is complementary to current research in the Department
- A passion for education and coaching of students and early-stage researchers
- Applicants must possess proficiency in English, and, for foreign candidates, the willingness to learn the Dutch language to a level sufficient for classroom teaching at the BSc level
Submit application online including CV and publication record, a research statement (1 A4) and an education statement (0.5 A4).
|Subject areas||Biology, Chemistry, (Bio)Chemical Engineering|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||May 1, 2020|