The Faculty of Science is inviting application for three highly motivated PhD candidates to work in the area of cell signaling, glycoproteomics, and protein mass spectrometry in Biomolecular Mass Spectrometry and Proteomics group at Utrecht University.
About the projects:
- Project: 1 Cell signaling and immune-mediated tumor cell death, supervised by Dr. Kelly Stecker
- Project: 2 Capturing signaling dynamics at the cell-cell interface, supervised by Prof. Maarten Altelaar
- Project: 31 Uncovering glycopeptide structural isomerism by mass spectrometry, supervised by Dr. Karli Reiding
- The aim of the project is to develop MS methodology to distinguish glycopeptide isomers, to ultimately apply this within (glyco)proteomics approaches.
- This development is expected to open up considerable avenues for biomarker research, patient stratification, and pharmaceutical antibody development/quality control, as structural ambiguity of glycosylation will be replaced by structural determination.
- Applicant must hold Master’s degree in the field of analytical or biochemistry, molecular biology, or relevant fields.
- Lab experience with molecular biology and analytical chemistry techniques
- Very strong written and oral communication skills in English
- Experience with handling large datasets and basic programming skills is a plus.
Apply online and include the following:
- Curriculum Vitae, including your publications and/or Master’s thesis;
- University certificates (including the subjects with corresponding grades);
- Names, telephone numbers, and email addresses of at least two references;
- Copies of reference letters (optional).
|Subject areas||Biochemistry, Molecular Biology|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||8 August 2021|