University of Surrey is offering the Surrey Research Fellowship, an exciting new opportunity for exceptional Early Career Researchers (ECRs) to join a cohort of future academic leaders at the University.
- Applicants should have a PhD at the time the Fellowship starts and should have been awarded their PhD no more than five years prior to the closing date of this competition.
- Unsuccessful applicants from previous rounds may re-apply.
- Applicants may be internal or external. Both internal and external applicants need to have a named Sponsor who must be a permanent academic member of staff at the University.
- The award is designed to promote independence. For internal candidates, the current Line Manager cannot be the Sponsor.
- Successful applicant needs to be eligible to work in the UK.
- If the candidate requires sponsorship under a Tier 2 visa, please indicate this on our application form or please note if you hold any other form of UK visa.
- It is expected that the successful candidates will take up the posts from 01 September 2020.
- Funding is provided for up to three Fellows to pursue their own research for up to three years and the successful candidates will join a cohort of fellows.
- Competitive salary (£41,526 to £49,553)
- Fellows will receive up to £15,000 per annum for travel, consumables and/or other research expenses that will help advance their career.
How to apply:
|Organization||University of Surrey|
|Fellowship Level||Research awards|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Fellowship amount||£41,526 to £49,553|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||20th February 2020|