Tenure-track Faculty Positions Chemistry: Queen’s University
Three (03) Tenure-track Positions in Physical-Organic Chemistry, Chemistry Education and Theoretical/Computational at the Department of Chemistry at Queen’s University.
Specializations / Areas: Physical-Organic Chemistry, Chemistry Education, Theoretical/Computational Chemistry.
Starting date: July 1, 2019 (Preferably)
Requirements / Qualifications
- Ph.D. or equivalent degree completed at the start date of the appointment.
- Excellent academic research and teaching excellence.
- The successful candidates should provide evidence of high quality scholarly output that demonstrates potential for independent research leading to peer assessed publications and the securing of external research funding in the respective general areas of Physical-organic Chemistry, Chemistry Education, and Theoretical/Computational Chemistry.
- Strong potential for outstanding teaching contributions at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, and an ongoing commitment to academic and pedagogical excellence in support of the department’s programs.
- Ability to work collaboratively in an interdisciplinary and student-centered environment.
Important Note: To comply with federal laws, the University is obliged to gather statistical information as to how many applicants for each job vacancy are Canadian citizens / permanent residents of Canada. Applicants need not identify their country of origin or citizenship; however, all applications must include one of the following statements: “I am a Canadian citizen / permanent resident of Canada”; OR, “I am not a Canadian citizen / permanent resident of Canada”. Applications that do not include this information will be deemed incomplete.
A complete application should consists of:
- cover letter (including one of the two statements regarding Canadian citizenship / permanent resident status specified in the previous paragraph);
- current Curriculum Vitae (including a list of publications);
- statement of research interests;
- statement of teaching interests and experience (including teaching outlines and evaluations if available); and,
- Three letters of reference to be sent directly to Prof. Hans-Peter Loock at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants are encouraged to send all documents in their application packages electronically as PDFs to Prof. Hans-Peter Loock at email@example.com, although hard copy applications may be submitted to:
Professor and Department Head
Department of Chemistry
90 Bader Lane
CANADA K7L 3N6
If you require accommodation during the interview process, please contact Barb Armstrong in The Department of Chemistry, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Subject Areas||Physical-Organic Chemistry, Chemistry Education, Theoretical/Computational Chemistry|
|Fellowship / Salary||Illustrated above|
|Eligibility||Open for international students|
|Deadline||October 12, 2018|