The College of Arts & Sciences at Cornell University is offering the Klarman Fellowships, provides postdoctoral opportunities to early-career scholars of outstanding talent, initiative and promise.
About the fellowship:
- The selected candidates may conduct research in any discipline in the College, including the natural, quantitative, and social sciences, humanistic inquiry, and the creative arts as well as emerging, cross-cutting fields that transcend traditional disciplinary boundaries and hold particular promise for broader impact.
- The Fellows will be selected from a global pool of applicants based on their research accomplishments, potential for future contributions and alignment of scholarly interests with those of potential faculty mentors in Arts & Sciences.
- The candidates will also be assessed on how their work can benefit from and contribute to the momentum in strategic research areas in the College.
- A tenure-track or tenured faculty member holding a current appointment in the College of Arts & Sciences must agree to serve as the faculty host for the candidate, as confirmed by a host faculty letter at the time of application.
Number of fellowships: 06 Klarman Fellows are appointed each year
Duration: 03 years
Starting date: negotiable between 1 July and 1 September 2020
Fellowship value: annual stipend of $75,000, with Cornell benefits; annual research fund of $12,000.
- Applicants must have earned the doctoral degree within two years of beginning the Klarman Fellowship.
- Applicants with more than two years of postdoctoral experience, and those who received their PhD from Cornell or have held any position at Cornell for more than six months (at the time of application) are not eligible.
- Applicants may not simultaneously hold any other paid or unpaid position during the term of the appointment.
- Prior to the start of the Fellowship, candidates will be asked to provide proof that their doctoral degree has been conferred.
How to apply:
|Subject areas||Social Science, Humanities, Natural Sciences|
|Fellowship amount||$75,000 per annum|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||15 October (Yearly)|