The University of Turku is looking for 1-2 Professors or Assistant/Associate Professors (tenure track) in Material Science and engineering. The vacancies are placed in the Faculty of Science and Engineering and will be filled from the beginning of February 2020 or by agreement.
About the position:
- The successful applicants may be appointed to a fixed-term associate / assistant professorship (tenure track) or a permanent full professorship depending on their previous academic merits.
- For the position in Materials Science and Engineering, an experienced technology expert who shall establish a new field of research and education within our university in collaboration with experts from technology and natural sciences, economics, law, health sciences, and experts from other fields is required.
- For the position of Assistant Professor/Associate Professor, we emphasize a proven international track record of scientific research and teaching experience.
- Applicant must possess a doctoral degree, high level scientific proficiency, experience in the management of scientific research, evidence of international cooperation in his/her field of study, the ability to provide high-quality research-based teaching, and to supervise dissertations.
- Applicant must possess merits, scientific publications and other research outcomes of scientific value, teaching experience and pedagogical training, ability to produce study materials, other teaching merits and a teaching demonstration as well as participation in doctoral education will be taken into account.
- Applicant must have experiences in collaborative and team work, academic leadership and coordination skills, and success in getting external research funding.
- Applicant must demonstrate leadership experience, or a willingness to participate in leadership training commensurate with the post.
- Foreigners and non-native Finnish citizens, can be appointed to the position without demonstrating mastery of the Finnish or Swedish language required by the Government Decree.
Applications must be submitted via the electronic application form including the following:
- An academic portfolio in accordance with the university practice
- A list of the applicant’s scientific publications
- The applicant is asked to classify the scientific publications according to the following groups: Articles in international peer-reviewed journals; Articles in peer-reviewed international conference proceedings and compilation works
|Organization||University of Turku|
|Subject areas||Material Science, Engineering|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||30th September 2019|