The Wageningen University and Research is offering ten Early Stage Researchers positions (PhD projects) within Marie Curie ITN TRANSIT. TRANSIT is a research and training programme aiming at integrating microbiology, food processing technology, cost benefit analyses, quantitative microbiology, and consumer sciences. This ESR project aims to quantify the decontamination efficiency of sustainable food technologies, and will develop risk assessment models to assess the impact of HHP, PEF, US and NTP decontamination technologies on the public health risk and reduction of food spoilage.
About the position:
- An excellent academic (MSc) record in (food) microbiology, food sciences, food technology;
- familiarity with quantitative microbiology is considered an advantage;
- networking and communication skills: you should have a goal-oriented and well-organized personality, you should have the capability to learn rapidly and sustainably;
- creative researcher, being independent yet at the same time being a team player;
- excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- willingness to be involved in teaching activities.
- Applications are open to nationals from all countries
- Applicant must not have more than 4 years of research experience.
- Applicant must not hold a PhD.
- Applicant must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work or study) in the country where the post is based for more than 12 months in the previous 36 months.
- Applicant must work exclusively for the project during the employment contract.
- Applicant must hold or soon be in possession of their Master’s degree or equivalent/postgraduate degree to enroll in the local graduate school.
PhD Research Projects
- ESR 1 HHP MICROBIAL RESPONSES
- ESR 2 PEF MICROBIAL RESPONSES
- ESR 3 US MICROBIAL RESPONSES
- ESR 4 NTP MICROBIAL RESPONSES
- ESR 5 HHP OPTIMIZATION & UPSCALING
- ESR 6 PEF OPTIMIZATION & UPSCALING
- ESR 7 US OPTIMIZATION & UPSCALING
- ESR 8 NTP OPTIMIZATION & UPSCALING
- ESR 9 CONSUMER PERCEPTION
- ESR 10 QUANTITATIVE MICROBIOLOGY
Apply online and upload a 1-2 page CV (please specify residence/work place in the last 3 years), 1 page motivation letter (mention the PROJECT TITLE and briefly address each skill, and address research interest in relation to the research project), university transcripts (grades).
|Organization||Wageningen University and Research|
|Subject areas||Food Microbiology, Food Sciences, Food Technology|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||30 May 2021|