ASEAN-India Research Training Fellowship (AIRTF) for ASEAN researchers supported by ASEAN-India Science & Technology Development Fund (AISTDF).
Number of fellowships:
- Initially to start with 50 per year shall be awarded to young scientists and researchers from ASEAN Member States to get affiliated with Indian academic and R&D institutions.
- These Fellowships shall be equally distributed among ASEAN Member Country.
- Initially, 05 Fellowship shall be allocated for each ASEAN country.
- up to six months; minor variation in the duration would be allowed on recommendations of the Indian host Institute/ University
- Agricultural Sciences
- Biological and Medical Sciences
- Chemical Sciences & Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Physical Sciences and Mathematics
- Ocean, Earth & Atmospheric Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
- Materials, Minerals, and Metallurgy
- Science Policy / IPR Management / Technology Transfer &
- Other multi-disciplinary areas of Science, Technology, and Innovation
- Applicant must hold the nationality of any of the ASEAN Member States.
- Applicant must hold at least a Master’s Degree in any Natural Sciences or an equivalent degree in Technology / Engineering / Medicine / allied disciplines.
- Applicant must be working in a national R&D or academic institution in his/ her home ASEAN Member country.
- The application should be endorsed by the Head of Institution confirming that if selected, will be sanctioned leave for the Fellowship period and will join duties back in the institution on completion of the Fellowship in India.
- Age limit must not exceed 45 years
- Applicant must be fluent in the English language
- Indian nationals are not eligible for the Fellowship.
- Submit application via email, to the Science & Technology Division of ASEAN Secretariat with a copy to IMRC Division, Department of Science & Technology in the enclosed format along with the following attachments:
- Application Form; Copy of Relevant Pages of Passport; Copy of an endorsement from the present employer.
- Take a printout of the format of ‘Endorsement of Present Employer’ appended at the end of the Application format and attach a scanned copy of the appropriately filled up document along with the application form).
- A copy of the letter/email from any Indian scientist/ institution with consent to accept you to work with them if you get selected.
- Only e-communication will be accepted and therefore, the complete application, in soft form, should be sent as an attachment to the e-mail addresses email@example.com and Sharma_rk@nic.in after scanning the documents wherever required, only in a single soft file (MS word format or pdf format)
- The applications can be submitted at any time during the year.
- There is no specific deadline for submitting the applications.
- The application will be processed after 30th September 2021.
|Organization||Department of Science & Technology|
|Fellowship Level||Research awards|
|Subject areas||Science and Technology|
|Fellowship amount||(INR) 50,000 per month consolidates|
|Eligibility||Open to ASEAN countries|
- Name of Organisation Field Value