Prime Minister’s fellowship Scheme for Doctoral research is meant for backing aspiring PhD scholars with double scholarship 50% of which will be provided by government and balance 50% by a sponsoring industry, for carrying out research for 4 years and the research fellow will receive doctoral degree by doing this industrial research.
Eligibility for Prime Minister’s Fellowship:
One doctoral fellow and one industry will apply together. The application has to be filled by the doctoral fellow
- Applicant (Doctoral fellow) must have enrolled or admitted for a full-time Ph.D. in last 14 months from the date of submission of applications in any recognized Indian University or Institute or Research lab.
- Applicant must obtain ‘NOC from the Institution before applying
- Applicant must have identified (before applying) an industry partner or a co-applicant who shall be ready to support the research project financially and also provide technical and intellectual support
- Applicant must choose the topic of research that has practical relevance and industrial application
- Applicant and the proposed research topic must qualify on criteria of excellence and relevance and be of technical and scientific excellence.
- The selected applicant must be keen to work with or in the industry as and when required by the industry partner during the project period.
- Duration of research shall not be exceeding more than 4 years leading to the award of a doctoral degree to the fellow.
- Number of fellowships: 100
- Fellowship amount: up to Rs. 8,00,000/a maximum per candidate
- Duration of the Fellowships: maximum 4 years
- Note: the selected candidate will cease to receive any other scholarship or salary from any other organization.
How to Apply:
- Applications are to be submitted online.
- Last date of Online Submission of Application Form: Within 14 months of registration or admission to PhD
- Announcement of Results: Updates on the website
- The signing of MOUs among selected Ph.D. Fellows, Industry and Institutes: By the date mentioned in the email sent by CII on selection
- Release of Fellowship amount to Research scholar: On a monthly basis
- SERB, DST, Government of India : Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Confederation of Indian Industry (CII): email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org
|Organization||Govt. of India|
|Subject areas||Science, Engineering, Medicine|
|Fellowship amount||Mentioned above|
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|
- Name of Organisation Field Value
- Total Jobs 46 Jobs
- Address India