100 Rotary Peace Fellowships: 100 Rotary Peace Fellowships
Rotary International provides fellowships to 100 individuals from around the world each year to receive fully funded academic fellowships. These awards are presented to pursue:-
- A Professional Development Certificate Program or
- Masters Degree Program
The Rotary Peace Fellowship is designed for professionals with work experience in international relations or peace and conflict prevention and resolution.
This program can be studied at one of the participating peace centers around the world (Australia, Sweden, USA, Japan, Thailand, UK)
Course starts: 2018
No. of Scholarships: 100 scholarships are awarded each year
- 50 fellowships for master’s degree and
- 50 for certificate studies
Scholarship value: The scholarship covers.-
- Full tuition fees
- Boarding and lodging
- Round-trip transportation
- All internship and
- Field-study expenses
Level of study: Masters/Certificate
- Professional Development Certificate Program or
- Masters Degree Program
Field of study: fields related to peace and conflict resolution and prevention
Nationality: Anyone endorsed by their local Rotary Club/District.
The following universities would serve as the host institution(s):
- International Christian University, Japan
- Uppsala University, Sweden
- University of Bradford, England
- University of Queensland, Australia
- Duke University, USA
- University of North Carolina, USA
- Chulalongkorn University, Thailand (certificate program)
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must provide proof for:
- Proficiency in English; proficiency in a second language is strongly recommended
- Through professional and academic achievements and personal or community service the applicant must demonstrate strong commitment to international understanding and peace.
- Exemplary leadership skills
- The Master’s degree applicants should have at least:
- 3 years of related full-time work or
- volunteer experience, and
- bachelor’s degree
- The Certificate applicants should have:
- at least 5 years of related full-time work or volunteer experience and
- strong academic background
Note: The applicant should take the eligibility quiz while applying.
- The deadline for submitting applications to the respective Rotary district is 31st May 2018.
- Districts must submit the endorsed applications to The Rotary Foundation by 1st July 2018.
|Fellowship Level||Masters/ Certificate program|
|Subject Areas||peace and conflict prevention and resolution|
|Fellowship Amount||Full tuition, living, internship, field visits|
|Eligibility||As listed above|
|Deadline||31st May (Yearly)|