Scotland Saltire Scholarships (SSS) is a substantial programme of scholarships, offered on a matched funding basis between the Scottish Government and Scottish Higher Education Institutions.
Number of awards: up to 50
Scholarship value: £4000; towards the tuition fees
Duration: 01 year of full time study, on an Undergraduate, Masters or PhD course at any of Scotland’s higher education institutions.
Eligible countries: Canada, China, India, Pakistan, United States of America
- Architecture: Architectural Design, Urban Design, Built Environment, Landscape, Architecture
- Arts and Humanities: Archaeology, Philosophy, Sociology, Classics, History, Literature
- Clean and Renewable Energy: Sustainable Engineering, Renewable Energy, Biomass / Bio fuels, Hydro / Solar / Tidal / Wind power
- Communications, Media and Culture: Broadcasting, Film, Animation, Journalism, Cultural, Publishing, New Media Studies
- Design: Graphic, Industrial, Interior, Fashion, Computer Games/Computer Arts
- Earth Sciences: Environment, Energy, Geology, Weather and Climate
- Financial Services: Accountancy, Investment, Asset Management, Finance, Banking, Economics
- Music and the Performing Arts: Dance, Music, Theatre / Drama, Opera
- Physical and Life Sciences: Astronomy, Chemistry, Physics, Animals / Zoology, Biology, Plants / Botany, Health Sciences, Bio technology
- Technology: Software, Engineering, Bioinformatics, Information Systems, Multimedia, Engineering, Computers
- Applicant must have a conditional or unconditional offer of a place at a Scottish university on an eligible course before an application can be considered.
- Applicant must be a citizen of Canada, India, Pakistan, USA or the People’s Republic of China (Hong Kong also being eligible as it is a Special Administrative Region of China).
- Applicant must be able to demonstrate that they can meet the costs of living in Scotland and the remaining tuition fees.
- Applicant must not have previously studied for a full undergraduate degree in Scotland.
- Applicant must not have previously received a Saltire Scholarship.
How to apply:
- Apply online
|Subject areas||Creative industries, Life sciences, Technology, Financial services, Renewable and clean energy|
|Eligibility||Open to selected countries|
|Deadline||26 May 2019|