INSPIRE (Innovation in Scientific Pursuit for Inspired Research), a Scheme of the Govt. of India, offers standing opportunity to carry out PhD Research at any recognized University or Institute in India through Fellowships at the level same as NET qualified candidates.
- Basic and Applied Sciences
Number of fellowships: 1000
Duration of Fellowship: maximum period of five years or completion of their PhD degree (whichever is earlier)
Fellowship value: offers monetary support in the form of a Fellowship equivalent to NET/ GATE fellowship (JRF/SRF) and research grant.
Note: INSPIRE Fellowship shall not be available to pursue M.Sc. or M.Phil. or M. Tech. course during pursing in any such Integrated M.Sc.-Ph.D./ M. Phil.-Ph.D./ M. Tech.-Ph.D. courses.
- Applicant must have scored minimum 65% marks (or CGPA equivalent) in aggregate at M.Sc. or Integrated M.S./M.Sc.
- Applicant must have achieved First Rank in each Post-Graduate level examinations in Basic or Applied Sciences including Engineering Sciences, Medical Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Agricultural sciences and Veterinary Sciences from any recognized University and academic Institutions in India.
- Same way, First Rank Holders at the UG level Examination in Medicine only conducted by a University/ Institution in India is also eligible to apply.
- First Rank should be of obtained in minimum batch size of 10 students in that university level examination with minimum aggregate of 65% marks (or CGPA equivalent) of the entire course/ program.
- Fellowship is open for Indian nationals.
How to apply:
- Apply online
|Organization||Ministry of Science & Technology (Department of Science & Technology)|
Engineering Sciences, Medical Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Agricultural sciences and Veterinary Sciences
|Fellowship amount||As per govt norms|
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|
|Deadline||31st December 2019|