Justus Liebig University of Giessen, the Max Planck Institute for Heart and Lung Research and the Philipps University of Marburg are offering positions for 12 PhD candidates.
Starting date: July 1, 2018
About the Research group:
- This RTG is a research and qualification programme concentrating on RNA-based generegulatory networks in a broad range of model organisms.
- The two foci of interest in the participating groups are the main stages of the mRNA life cycle, from transcription and mRNP biogenesis, RNA processing, translation, to mRNA decay; representative examples of regulatory noncoding RNA classes (eukaryotic microRNAs, long noncoding RNAs, circular RNAs, prokaryotic small RNAs).
- Thesis projects will cover a wide spectrum of approaches: from classical RNA biochemistry and cell biology to RNASeq and computational analyses. Specific research topics range from molecular principles of gene expression to disease-relevant questions in molecular medicine and innovative applications of RNA biotechnology.
- Applicants must hold MSc degree (or equivalent) in Biology, Biochemistry or similar fields and are highly motivated to conduct multidisciplinary research. Practical experience
- Applicants having experience in the field of research projects in this RTG would be preferred.
- Applications (maximum to three project groups) to be submitted directly to the principal investigator by email.
- All application documents including motivation letter, CV, transcripts of records, at least two references or contact addresses of referees should be contained within a single PDF file.
Justus Liebig University of Giessen
Max Planck Institute for Heart and Lung Research
Philipps University of Marburg
|Subject areas||Biosciences, Life Sciences, Biotechnology, Biochemistry|
|Fellowship amount||As per German rules|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||7th May 2018|