The Sustainable Hydrogen Centre for Doctoral Training (CDT) is seeking PhD applications from individuals who wish to join a vibrant research community where diverse ideas are shared around a common vision for a low-carbon future. There will be big changes needed to the energy system in the next five to ten years.” Professor Gavin Walker, Director of the Sustainable Hydrogen CDT.
About the research:
- The CDT, supported by the Engineering and Physical Science Research Council (EPSRC), is collaborating with companies and organisations to provide a new integrated PhD experience.
- The selected candidates will be joining a multidisciplinary team of PhD researchers, supervised by world leading experts, with access to excellent research facilities across the Universities and at our collaboration partners.
- The CDT offers a training programme which supports the cohort throughout their PhD journey and providing the multidisciplinary training you’d expect, but also developing entrepreneurial, project and management skills along with the skills needed to communicate your ideas to a wide range of audiences.
- This year, we are seeking to recruit at least 15 PhD students who will be joining a wider community of energy PhD students across the 4 Universities.
- The integrated PhD research programme in Sustainable Hydrogen is a 4 year programme consisting of taught skills, experiential learning and a research project.
- Hydrogen generation
- Gas upgrade
- Hydrogen engines
- The CDT studentship covers UK/EU tuition fees and provides a tax-free stipend of up to £16,909 per annum. The studentship eligibility criteria are defined by the EPSRC.
- Funding is provided to cover travel and subsistence costs related to the CDT training and research activities and an Equality and Diversity discretionary fund provides additional support where needed to ensure all students within the cohort have access to similar opportunities.
- Applications are welcomed from candidates who have taken a non-traditional route, for example those who may have spent some time in industry and are looking to return to education.
- Candidates need to show in their application an ability equivalent to a 1st or 2(i) honours degree or MSc with distinction.
- Candidates with backgrounds in all disciplines will be considered as a wide variety of projects are available.
Apply by sending application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with CV and a covering letter.
|Organization||University of Nottingham|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||29th February 2020|