Applications are invited for 15 PhD positions (“Early Stage Researchers”) to be funded by the Marie-Sklodowska-Curie Innovative Training Network “INNOVEOX – Training of a new generation of researchers in Innovative Electrochemical Oxidation processes for the removal and analysis of micro-pollutants in water streams” within the Horizon 2020 Programme of the European Commission.
About the project:
- INNOVEOX is a consortium of high-profile universities, research institutions and companies located in Belgium, Germany, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, France and Greece.
- The INNOVEOX R&D training network was built to address and provide a solution for this considerable challenge: to boost innovative electrochemical wastewater treatment techniques to effectively degrade highly hazardous organic micro-pollutants, reducing environmental pollution and improving the European quality of life and health.
- The main INNOVEOX R&D objectives are:
- the exploration of alternative electrochemical oxidation pathways via generation of different oxidative radicals,
- the development of combined photocatalytic/electrochemical oxidation techniques,
- the development of novel analytical approaches for the separation and identification of these micro-pollutants and their degradation products, and
- an assessment of the effects of the developed treatments on the aquatic toxicity, biological wastewater treatment and the environment as a whole via a life cycle assessment.
- Chemical Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Bio-Science Engineering
- Electrotechnical Engineering
- (Analytical) Chemistry
- Applicants must hold a university degree that qualifies them for doctoral studies at their recruiting organization.
- Solid written and oral communication skills in English are prerequisites of any successful application (typically IELTS min. 7, TOEFL internet-based min. 90 or similar level as proven by other tests).
- Every applicant can apply for up to three ESR positions (first, second, third choice).
- Applicant must fall in Early Stage Researcher (ESR) category or 0-4 yrs (Post Graduate)
- Researchers are required to undertake trans-national mobility (i.e. move from one country to another) when taking up the appointment. At the time of selection by the host organisation, researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of their host organisation for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to their recruitment. Short stays, such as holidays, are not taken into account.
- ESRs must demonstrate that their ability to understand and express themselves in both written and spoken English is sufficiently high for them to derive the full benefit from the network training.
- Apply online
ESR1: Secondary oxidation by electrochemically produced sulphate radicals
ESR2: Manipulation of plasma species generation in an AOP
ESR3: Enhancing mass transport in a plasma based AOP via liquid spray reactor design
ESR4: Reactor and process design for industrial implementation of eAOP
ESR5: Catalyst evaluation for enhancing anode selectivity in a photo-electrochemical system
ESR6: Hybrid photoelectrochemical processes
ESR7: Electrochemical modification of catalytic activity for water treatment
ESR8: In-situ production of H2O2 at the cathode surface via catalytic coating
ESR9: Evaluation of sample prep methods for the monitoring of eAOP degradation products
ESR10: Multidimensional LC separations with MS as a generic method to study the degradation of environmentally relevant micropollutants
ESR11: Development of high temperature vacuum GC-EI-MS and of capillary SFC-EI-MS
ESR12: Combination of retentive and spectroscopic data in artificial intelligence based strategies for functional group flagging in AOP products
ESR13: Toxicity assessment of degradation products using zebrafish
ESR14: Combined electrochemical oxidation and biological wastewater treatment
ESR15: Life-cycle assessment and cost analysis of emerging eAOP technologies
|Organization||EU Horizon 2020 Marie Skłodowska-Curie|
|Country||Belgium, Germany, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, France and Greece|
Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Bio-Science Engineering, Electrotechnical Engineering, (Analytical) Chemistry, Pharmacy
|Fellowship amount||As per MSCA rules|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||06th October 2019|