Applications are invited from talented experienced researchers to apply for 18 fellowships in Shaping European Research Leaders for Marine Sustainability (SEAS) project. the Shaping European Research Leaders for Marine Sustainability (SEAS) is a postdoctoral research fellowship programme for 37 fellows launched and managed by the University of Bergen (UiB).
Successful candidates will be employed in 3-year fixed-term full-time postdoctoral research fellow positions at UiB. This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie grant.
Research areas (positions)
- Marine biogeochemical hazards: Bjerknes Center for Climate Research (Geophysical Institute)
- Early human development in coastal Southern Africa: SapienCE Centre of Excellence on Early Sapiens Behaviour (Department of Earth Science)
- Early human marine subsistence in South Africa: SapienCE Centre of Excellence on Early Sapiens Behaviour (Department of Archaeology, History, Cultural Studies and Religion)
- Epistemic, value-based, and societal aspects of marine sustainability: Centre for the Study of the Sciences and the Humanities
- Fish immunology: Department of biological sciences
- Coastal ecology: Department of biological sciences
- Marine natural product chemistry: Department of Chemistry
- Marine geology: Department of Earth Science
- Deep-sea mineral resources: Department of Earth Science
- Ocean observation technology: Department of Earth Science
- System dynamics and ocean-human interactions: Department of Geography
- Topological and geometric machine learning for marine sustainability: Department of Informatics
- Mathematical and statistical methods for marine sustainability: Department of Mathematics
- Optical ocean technology: Department of Physics and Technology
- Working conditions for maritime workers: Department of Psychosocial Science
- Regulatory and governance challenges related to ocean sustainability: Faculty of Law
- Marine aspects related to human health: Department of Clinical Medicine or Department of Clinical Science
- Physical fjord oceanography: Geophysical Institute
- Applicants must hold a PhD degree (or an equivalent degree) in a relevant field prior to the application deadline (if the candidate has not yet received a PhD diploma, he/she must document that candidate has defended the thesis successfully).
- Applicants cannot previously have been employed as a postdoctoral fellow at UiB.
- The research proposal must be relevant to marine sustainability.
- Applicants must have a high degree of proficiency in English (self-assessed in the CV and demonstrated in the application).
|Organization||University of Bergen (UiB)|
Oceanography, Earth Sciences, Geography, Chemistry, Physics, Law
|Fellowship amount||As per MSCA norms|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||October 31, 2021|