University of Copenhagen and the Information Retrieval Lab of the Department of Computer Science invites applications for the 2 fully-funded PhD positions. The lab develops models and algorithms that allow computers to retrieve and analyse large-scale text. Applications of the work include search engines, recommender systems, text understanding and analytics.
About the PhD positions:
PhD position 1: Investigate the level of uncertainty in probability estimates of ranking models.
PhD position 2: Investigate compositionality in text semantics.
- Applicant must hold Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
- Applicant must possess strong programming skills and mathematical background
- Applicant must be proficient in English (spoken and written).
- Grades that document an outstanding academic record
- Scientific publication(s) in recognized, peer-reviewed venues
- Awards and honors
- Professional qualifications and work experience
- Application to be submitted in English. The application must contain the following:
- Letter of motivation (max. 2 pages) including a description of how the qualifications are met
- Master thesis as pdf (final or in draft; if draft, then state the expected submission date)
- Assessment of master thesis (final or provisional if the thesis is not submitted)
- 2 Reference letters (signed and dated)
- Grade Transcripts, documenting an outstanding academic record.
- Scientific publications in pdf format (if any).
|Organization||University of Copenhagen|
|Subject areas||Computer Science|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||April 30 2017|