2 PhD positions in 3D spectro-microscopy of complex solid catalysts:The Inorganic Chemistry & Catalysis (ICC) group at Utrecht University is looking for 2 PhD candidates within the framework of NWO-funded Vidi project entitelled “3D spectro-microscopy for understanding mass transport processes in catalyst bodies of complex porosity”
PI (principal investigator) is Florian Meirer).
Project: The project we aims for using a combination of X-Ray Microscopy (XRM) & Single Particle Tracking (SPT) via Single Molecule Fluorescence (SMF) for studying mass transport in single catalyst bodies over relevant length scales. The approach will be as follows:
- State-of-the-art XRM that promises 3-dimensional resolutions below 50 nm and provides precise representations of whole pore networks of individual catalyst bodies,
- SPT of probes through these very same networks and, providing the necessary data for
- numerical modeling capable of describing the material’s fundamental mass transport properties.
- A master’s degree preferably in Chemistry or Physics,
- Interest in fields of Spectro-microscopy & micro/nano-scale numerical modeling applied in the field of catalysis.
- Interest in imaging techniques & characterization of nanomaterials such as solid catalysts or other hierarchically complex porous materials.
- Applicants should have experience with programming or be highly motivated to learn it; knowledge about advanced data analysis methods (multivariate analysis, image processing) is considered an advantage.
Fellowship / Benefits: The gross salary is in range between € 2,191 – € 2,801 / month.
The faculty of Science consists of 6 departments:
Information and Computing Sciences
Physics and Astronomy,
For more information contact dr Florian Meirer: email@example.com.
To apply please attach a letter of motivation, CV and (email) addresses of two referees.
Start date: 1st October 2016
|Subject areas||3D spectro-microscopy of complex solid catalysts: Nanotechnology, Chemistry, Physics|
|Fellowship||2,191 – € 2,801 / month|
|Eligibility||Masters in relavant disciplines|