There are 2 vacancies for PhD positions at the Department of Geography within Urban climate and energy transformations.
|Organization||University of Bergen|
|Deadline||March 13, 2016|
About the project/work tasks:
The Spaces of Climate and Energy Lab (SpaceLab) is a research group at the Department of Geography, University of Bergen, focusing on the interrelations between climate, energy and society. With funding from Bergen Research Foundation (BFS), SpaceLab is now expanding to develop internationally leading research on climate and energy transformations.
Qualifications and personal qualities:
- The applicant must hold a master’s degree in Geography. Similar and equivalent degrees will also be considered. The degree has to be completed by the application deadline
- The requirements are generally a grade B or better on Master thesis and for the Master degree in total
- As an applicant you should be able to work independently and have the ability to cooperate with others
- Proficiency in both written and oral English
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview.
Your application must include:
- An extended cover letter: Applicants are expected to submit a letter (5-8 pages) explaining how their research background and interest inform the project’s theme (not a project proposal). More information about the project can be found on the SpaceLab website, or by contacting the project leader.
- The names and contact information for two reference persons. One of them must be the main advisor for the master’s thesis or equivalent thesis
- CV, including a list of academic publications
- Transcripts and diplomas showing completion of the bachelor’s and master’s degrees. If you have a master’s degree from an institution outside of the Nordic countries, or a degree subject area other than human geography, the degree’s academic content should be made clear in the application.
- Relevant certificates/references
- Any academic publications (including Master’s thesis) that you want to submit for assessment – maximum 3 publications.
Apply here: The application and appendices with certified translations into English or a Scandinavian language must be uploaded at Jobbnorge following the link on this page marked “Apply for this job”.
We kindly ask the applicants to follow the guidelines for applicants to research fellowship positions at the Faculty of Social Sciences closely, please see: http://link.uib.no/?1js5s.
The application has to be marked: 16/1155
Closing date: March 13, 2016
Applications submitted without a project description or applications sent as e-mails will not be considered. Only submitted documents will be subjected to an expert assessment.