The division of Applied Mechanics and Energy Conversion (TME), Department of Mechanical Engineering at is seeking two PhD and a Postdoc candidate for the research group led by prof. Erik Delarue. The positions involve working on energy systems modeling (unit commitment, system planning, equilibrium modeling, renewables integration, energy policy and energy market design).
- Many electricity generation systems are undergoing drastic changes, through rapidly increasing shares of intermittent renewable energy sources (RES) like wind and solar photovoltaics.
- Models are often used to address the corresponding challenges (technical, economic,policy), by analyzing system operation and planning.
- NEPTUNE: North-sea Energy Plan for Transition to sUstainable wiNd Energy; focus on scenario building under uncertainty.
- ADABEL: Advanced Data Analytics ensuring cost-efficient security of supply and balancing throughout the BELgian energy transition; focus on data-driven improvement of adequacy assessment procedures and short-term balancing practices.
- PROCURA: Power to X and Carbon Capture& Utilization Roadmap for Belgium; focus on the role of power-to-X in multi-energy systems and markets.
For postdoc position:
- Applicant is expected to be highly motivated, enthusiastic and communicative researcher with a PhD degree in Engineering or a related field, from a reputable institute.
- The candidate should have a strong background/interest in energy, and especially in energy system operation and planning, renewables integration,energy policy and modeling.
- Experience with Matlab/Python/GAMS/Julia is a plus.Candidates with a background in a.o. optimization, computer science, operations research are also encouraged to apply.
- Applicants should have good English communication skills.
For PhD positions:
- Applicant must be highly motivated, enthusiastic and communicative researchers with a Master of Science degree in Engineering or a related field, from a reputable institute.
- Candidates should have a strong interest in energy, and especially in energy system operation and planning, renewables integration, energy policy and modeling.Experience with Matlab/Python/GAMS/Julia is a plus.
- Candidates with a background in a.o. optimization, computer science, operations research are also encouraged to apply.
- Applicants should also have good English communication skills.
- Applicants should express their interest by sending an email to prof. Erik Delarue via email address email@example.com .
Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Science, Economics
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||May 31, 2020|