2 Ph.D. Student Positions in Computer Science with a focus on data privacy at the Umeå University.
Research topic: Privacy-aware transparent machine learning
Umeå University, the Department of Computing Science, is seeking candidates for two Ph.D. student positions in Computer Science with a focus on data privacy.
- The Laboratory is developing machine learning algorithms that build data-driven models avoiding disclosure of private information and that are resistant to different types of attacks (t ex. transparency and membership attacks).
- The objective is to build statistical and machine learning models taking into account different types of privacy models (differential and integral privacy, k-anonymity), as well as different types of scenarios (centralized and decentralized data).
- The admission requirements for doctoral studies are a second-cycle level degree, or completed course requirements of at least 240 ECTS credits or have an equivalent education from abroad or equivalent qualifications.
- Good command of the English language, both written and spoken, are key requirements.
- Candidates are expected to have very good knowledge of programming, especially for implementing efficient algorithms, and of mathematics and/or statistics.
- Important personal qualities are, besides creativity and a curious mind, the ability to work both independently and collaborate in a group, and internationally.
A complete application should contain the following documents:
- A cover letter including a description of your research interests, your reasons to apply for the position, and your contact information
- Updated curriculum vitae
- Reprints/copies of completed BSc and/or MSc thesis and other relevant publications, if any
- Certified copies of degree certificates, including documentation of completed academic courses and obtained grades
- Contact information for two persons willing to act as references
- Documentation and description of other relevant experiences or competencies.
Registration number: AN 2.2.1-1069-21
The deadline for application is August 22th, 2021.
|Subject areas||Mathematics, Statistics|
|Fellowship amount||As per norms|
|Deadline||August 22th, 2021|