The School of Mathematical & Physical Sciences, Department of Physics and Astronomy at University of Sussex are inviting applications for two Research fellows in Experimental Physics.
Start date: 01 October 2019
- Develop research objectives and proposals for own or joint research, at acceptable levels, with assistance if required.
- Conduct research projects individually and in collaboration with others.
- Analyse and interpret research findings and draw conclusions on the outcomes.
- Produce high-quality research outputs for publication in monographs or recognized high-quality journals, or performance/exhibition, as appropriate, and contribute to the School’s REF submission at acceptable levels of volume and academic excellence.
- Contribute to the preparation of proposals and applications to external bodies, for example for funding purposes.
- Individually or with colleagues, explore opportunities for enterprise activity, knowledge exchange income and/or consultancy, where permissible.
- Build internal contacts and participate in internal networks and relevant external networks in order to form relationships and collaborations.
- Continually update knowledge and understanding in field or specialism, and engage in continuous professional development.
- PhD or equivalent in experimental physics
- Demonstrated experience in cold atoms experimental physics, ideally in the areas of degenerate quantum gases
- Evidence of engagement in high-quality research activity
- Excellent presentation skills, with the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with students, colleagues and external audiences.
- Ability to work individually on own initiative and without close supervision, and as part of a team.
- Ability to exercise a degree of innovation and creative problem-solving.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills.
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Excellent IT skills
- Download the academic post application form and personal details and equal opportunities form and fill in all sections.
- Email the completed application, and personal details and equal opportunities form, to email@example.com
- Candidate should attach application form and all documents to the email and use the format job reference number / job title / your name in the subject line.
|Organization||University of Sussex|
|Fellowship Level||Technical positions|
|Subject areas||Physics, Mathematics|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||13 September 2019|