Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for Students with Disabilities
200 JRF positions are open under the Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for Students with Disabilities. This scheme covers all universities/institutions affiliated by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and Non-Universities/Institutions and is implemented by the UGC itself on the pattern of the scheme of UGC. Fellowship is granted to research students undertaking M.Phil & PhD. The fellowships are available to students with disabilities who are covered under The Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act (1995).
- Any student with disabilities already enrolled to M.Phil or Ph.D. degree in a University or academic institution by completing the required formalities for admission in that University or academic institution is eligible for the award of Fellowship are eligible to apply.
- Progress in the research work of the awardee after two years, will decide the extension of fellowship to Senior Research Fellowship (SRF). Fellowship will be extended to 3 years.
- The total duration of award of JRF and SRF shall not exceed a period of five years.
- The students with disabilities once considered eligible for the fellowship shall not be entitled to any other benefits from Central or State Government or any other body like UGC offering similar benefit to avoid duplication and increase coverage.
- Only those doing regular and full time M.Phil. or Ph.D. course of a University/Research Institution shall be eligible for the fellowship.
- Employees of any University/College/Educational Institution/Central/State/UT Government shall be excluded from availing Fellowship, even if they are on Study Leave or EOL to pursue the M.Phil or Ph.D course.
|Organization||University Grants Commission (UGC)|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Eligibility||Open for Indian applicants (Disabled)|
For Further Details: Click