The Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute (MBARI) is inviting applications for the postdoctoral fellowship program.
About the institute:
- MBARI is dedicated to the development of state-of-the-art instrumentation, systems, and methods supporting scientific research in the oceans.
- At MBARI, the current programs are: span marine robotics, ocean physics, chemistry, geology, and biology as well as research and development related to information management and ocean instrumentation.
- The institute operates two ocean-going research ships, a coastal workboat, remotely operated vehicles, autonomous underwater and surface vehicles, oceanographic profilers and moorings, the MARS seafloor cabled observatory, and a wide range of oceanographic equipment. MBARI is a non-profit oceanographic research institute supported by the David and Lucile Packard Foundation.
- Biological Science
- Chemical Science
- Physical Oceanography
- Marine Geology
- Ocean Engineering
- Candidates must be awarded the PhD degree prior to commencing the two-year appointment starting between July 2020 and June 2021.
- Applicants should communicate with potential research sponsors at MBARI for guidance on project feasibility, relevance to ongoing research projects, resource availability, and expected start date.
Application may be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred), by mail, or by fax to (831) 775-1620 including the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae
- At least three professional letters of recommendation
- Succinct statement of the applicant’s doctoral research
- Potential research goals at MBARI
- Supplemental information online form
|Organization||Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute (MBARI)|
Biological Science, Chemical Science, Physical Oceanography, Marine Geology, Ocean Engineering
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||January 22, 2020|