45 Grants: PhD Strathclyde Research Studentship Scheme
University of Strathclyde is a leading international technological University located in the heart of Glasgow, Scotland’s biggest city.
About the Program
The Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council Doctoral Training Partnership funds are awarded to the University of Strathclyde annually. The Student Excellence Awards are awarded to students with, or who are expected to obtain, a 1st class honours with an outstanding emerging academic track record, with internal and external recognition and a proven commitment to the field of study.
- Electronic & Electrical Engineering
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Computer & Information Sciences
- Design, Manufacture & Engineering Management
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- Chemical & Process Engineering
- Mathematics & Statistics
- Naval Architecture
- Ocean & Marine Engineering
- Pharmacy & Biomedical Sciences
A good honours degree at first-class level
- Research Council (RC) fees and stipend can only be awarded to UK and EU students and not to EEA or International students.
- EU students are only eligible for RC stipend if they have been resident in the UK for 3 years, including for study purposes, immediately prior to starting their PhD.
- If an EU student cannot fulfill this condition then they are eligible for a fees only studentship.
- International students cannot be funded from RC funds unless they are ‘settled’ in the UK. ‘Settled’ means being ordinarily resident in the UK without any immigration restrictions on the length of stay in the UK. To be ‘settled’ a student must either have the Right to Abode or Indefinite leave to remain in the UK or have the right of permanent residence in the UK under EC law. If the student’s passport describes them as a British citizen they have the Right of Abode.
- Students with full Refugee status are eligible for fees and stipend.
Applications are made by academic supervisors and, in the first instance, interested candidates should contact the department/supervisor they are interested in working with.
|Organization||University of Strathclyde|
|Subject areas||Architecture, Engineering, Chemistry, Mathematics, Naval Architecture, Physics, Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences|
|Fellowship amount||Home fee and stipend for eligible candidates for 3.5 years|
|Eligibility||Honours degree at first-class level|