Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme by RGC: Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme for International Students/Scholars: The Hong Kong Research Grants Council (RGC) announces the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship program for International students to study/research in Hong Kong.
Applicants who are seeking for admissions as new full time PhD candidates in Hong Kong institutions are funded by the University Grants Committee (UGC).
Who can apply
- any country of origin,
- with prior work experience,
- any ethnic background.
Selection criteria: Applicants should demonstrate outstanding qualities in:
- Academic excellence (a minimum GPA 3.7/4);
- Research ability and potential;
- Communication, and interpersonal skills; and
- Leadership abilities.
The University of Hong Kong (HKU)
The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK)
The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST)
Hong Kong Baptist University (HKBU)
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU)
City University of Hong Kong (CityU)
Lingnan University (LingU)
The Education University of Hong Kong (HKIEd)
Areas / Fields of study
- engineering and technology
- humanities, social sciences and
- business studies
No. of awards: 230 PhD fellowships will be awarded
Sponsorship duration: up to three (3) years
Monthly stipend of HK$20,000 (approximately US$2,600) + a conference and research related travel allowance of HK$10,000 (approximately US$1,300) / year
- As a general guide, initial applications to RGC open 1 September and end 1 December each year.
- Note that the different institutions have different deadline dates (usually ranging between 2nd – 8th December).
- See institution websites for their deadline.
|Organization||Research Grants Council (RGC)|
|Subject areas||Any field|