3 PhD positions, Genome-scale metabolic modelling, The Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), Norway
Description: The Department of Biotechnology and Food Science looking for 3 PhD candidates. The project deals with the study about microbes and their work together as communities. Using this information to re-engineer natural communities for multiple biotechnological applications.
The positions comes under genome scale metabolic modelling, with some differences-
Position 1- Development of generation and simulation of genome scale microbial community models. This position is linked with the activities within the ELIXIR framework.
Position 2- Design of synthetic microbial consortia through integration of genome-scale community models and multi-omics data. This position is connected to the ERA CoBioTech project Cell4Chem.
Position 3- Integration of bioinformatics tools and genome-scale metabolic modelling for rational strain design and bioprocess optimization. This position is connected to the new SFI-IB Research Centre for Industrial Biotechnology.
- Building genome scale metabolic models by automated reconstruction tools.
- Evaluating different methods for simulation of single species and communities.
- Integrate multi-omics data into genome-scale models to explain metabolic regulation mechanisms.
- Developing computational methods to design single strains and synthetic microbial communities.
Disciplines: Mathematical Modelling, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Microbiology, Ecology, Systems Engineering.
Qualifications: Master’s degree or second degree (equivalent to 120 credits) or equivalent education with a grade of B or better in terms of NTNU’s grading scale.
- Solid academic background in related field
- Command over English, both verbally and written
- Basic programming skills
- Experience in research with publications
- Information of genome scale metabolic models and flux balance analysis will be beneficial
- Interest in science and capable to work independently
- Excellent communication skills
Application procedure: Apply online using the link given below. Attach following documents-
- Curriculum Vitae
- academic certificates and diplomas
- Cover letter with 3 reference names and contact information
- Research report – mentioning research experience, master thesis, and the motivation for applying(max 2 pages)
- Attach a brief description of your participation in collaboration.
Salary: Applicants are salaried in code 1017. It’s around gross from NOK 482 200 per annum before tax. Additional employee benefits plus.
|Organization||The Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)|
|Subject areas||Mathematical Modelling, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Microbiology, Ecology, Systems Engineering|
|Fellowship||NOK 482 200 per annum|
|Eligibility||Master’s degree or second degree|
|Deadline||31 March 2021|