The SFI Centre for Research Training (CRT) in Artificial Intelligence at University College Cork (UCC) is offering fully-funded PhD positions (30-35 posts) across 5 Irish Universities.
About the position:
- Applications are open to suitably qualified applications for places at the CRT for the cohort starting in September/October 2020.
- The four year fully funded program is available to those interested in producing cutting edge research with the potential to solve some of the world’s most pressing issues.
- The successful candidate will be part of a group; the first of its kind in Ireland to lead and accelerate the trends in AI through the conduct of original research.
- Recommender System & Personalisation
- Optimisation and Constraint Programming
- Natural Language Processing
- Machine Learning
- Visual Media Processing
- Ethics of Data Analytics and Fair, Accountable, Transparent AI
- Applicants should hold a 2.1 honours undergraduate degree or Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Analytics, Industrial Mathematics, Statistics, or relevant research areas.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate an interest in both theoretical and software engineering skills, with a keen interest in Algorithms, Artificial Intelligence, and related areas.
- Candidates with knowledge of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning Constraint Programming, Operations Research, and Wireless Sensors would have advantage.
- Candidates are required to provide evidence of English language ability as per local University guidelines.
Apply online in PDF format only and must include the following:
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Cover letter explaining interest in research, referring explicitly to one or more of the areas listed above. (maximum 3 pages);
- Career Statement with justification as to why you want to complete a PhD (maximum 3 pages);
- Proof of degree and transcripts of results (single PDF);
- Any additional supporting document you would like to have considered (if applicable, single PDF).
|Organization||University College Cork (UCC)|
Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Analytics, Industrial Mathematics, Statistics
|Fellowship amount||€5,500 towards fees and stipend of €18,500 per annum|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||29th February 2020|