In collaboration with the UK’s GREAT Britain campaign, the British Council is offering up to 35 full tuition scholarships. This is a great opportunity for Indian students wishing to access a UK university education.
The Scholarships 2019 are for prospective students enrolling into participating UK higher education institutions on full-time undergraduate or postgraduate courses starting in September or October 2019.
- For undergraduate students: tuition fee for the first year of study only
- For postgraduate students: full tuition fee for one-year master’s degrees, or the tuition fee for the first year of two-year master’s degrees.
- Other costs, such as travel and living expenses, are not covered by the scholarship and are the responsibility of the scholar.
- Art – Visual and creative
- Biological Sciences/ Life sciences
- Climate change, Sustainability and Environmental Science
- Conflict Resolution/Peace Studies
- Engineering and Technology
- Gender Studies and Ageing
- Human rights
- Math, Statistics and Data Sciences
- Natural and Physical Sciences
- Public Administration, Governance and Social Policy
- Public Health and Behavioural science
- Social Sciences and Development Studies
- Urban planning and infrastructure development
- Applicants must have completed their secondary education in India.
- Applicants must be Indian passport holders and resident in India at the time of application.
- Applicants should have an excellent academic and extra-curricular track record.
- Applicants should demonstrate leadership qualities and potential
Request a nomination:
- Contact UK university’s international office or scholarships team to confirm with the UK university if the candidate qualify for the GREAT Scholarships 2019 programme.
- If yes, reach out to the university to get nominated before 15 May 2019.
Submit an application
- The university will direct the candidate to submit an application form for the GREAT Scholarships 2019 programme.
- Complete and submit the application form by 31 May 2019.
- Candidate will receive an email confirming receipt of your application form.
- Selected scholars will be announced by 1 July 2019 and you will receive an email.
|Fellowship Level||Bachelor’s Master’s|
|Subject areas||Natural Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities & Arts, Education|
|Fellowship amount||Tuition fees waiver|
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|
|Deadline||31 May 2019|