Max Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research (MPIPZ) and the Department of Plant-Microbe Interactions invites applications for three PhD positions and one postdoctoral position in Plant Microbiota. The selected candidates will investigate community-level assembly of plant-microbe interactions, the role of the plant immune system in shaping resident microbial consortia and to establish computational pipelines for analysis of plant microbiota data. The positions are funded by DFG.
About the positions:
- 1 PhD position in the group of Jane Parker (in collaboration with Alga Zuccaro at Cologne University): investigate the impact of Arabidopsis immunity programmes on root fungal endophyte colonization;
- 1 PhD position in the group of Kenichi Tsuda: to study the impact of plant immunity on the functions of commensal bacteria and the plant microbiota;
- 1 PhD position in the group of Stéphane Hacquard: to carry out genome-resolved fungal metatranscriptomics within synthetic fungal-bacterial communities colonizing plant roots;
- 1 postdoctoral position in the group of Ruben Garrido-Oter: to develop computational approaches for the analysis of synthetic community sequencing data
- Applicant must be motivated with Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Genetics/Molecular Biology/Microbiology or Bioinformatics.
- Applicants must have background in plant science is not essential, but candidates will be expected to demonstrate their strong interest in the field of plant-microbe interactions.
Starting date: approximately at the beginning of 2019
Funding: initially for three years
- Apply online via application platform quoting which position candidate is applying for and must include:
- List of publications
- A statement of research interests
- 02 academic letters of recommendation
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview in mid-October 2018.
|Organization||Max Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research (MPIPZ)|
|Subject areas||Plant Research, Genetics, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Bioinformatics|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||September 10th, 2018|