The Science Education Centre at the University of Helsinki/LUMA Centre Finland invites applications for four Doctoral Students in Science Education for a fixed term appointment from 1 January 2021 to 31 December 2024.
About the research:
- The research topics in science education of the appointees may be discipline-specific (e.g., Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Geography) or multidisciplinary, which promotes the strategic plan of the Faculty of Science (e.g., sustainable development, climate change, digitalisation).
- The candidates must have a right to pursue doctoral studies at the University of Helsinki. If the doctoral student does not yet have a right to pursue doctoral studies at the University of Helsinki, the appointee to the position of a doctoral student must receive the said right within the six-month trial period.
- The position requires good interaction skills.
- Experience of teaching or other science education, knowledge of the Finnish education system, international work experience and a master’s degree in science will be considered an asset.
Apply online and include the following as PDF files:
- CV containing a possible list of publications and contact information of two referees
- Application letter where candidate should describe aptitude and motivation for the position (max. two pages)
- Preliminary research plan topics and grounds for them (max. two pages)
- Transcript of record of the studies completed for master’s degree and any previously completed doctoral studies.
|Organization||University of Helsinki|
|Subject areas||Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Geography|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||2 November 2020|