The Confirm Centre for Smart Manufacturing is an SFI Research Centre which is funded by Science Foundation Ireland, University College Cork (UCC) has PhD studentships open immediately for application, to pursue research within the overall scope of the SFI Confirm Research Centre.
- Applicants must hold a good honour’s undergraduate or Master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, telecommunications, or other relevant research areas.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate an interest in both theoretical analysis and practical network and system design skills, with a keen interest in wireless networked systems, cyber-physical (manufacturing) systems, industrial Internet of Things and related areas.
- Candidates with knowledge of computer network design, simulation and analysis, wireless sensor networks, cyber-physical system design and analysis, and 5G network design for machine type communication would have adavantge.
Studentship value: stipend of €18,500 per annum for up to four years and an annual contribution of €5,500 towards tuition fees. Non EU candidates may apply but they will have to cover extra fees themselves.
Start date: latest possible start date
How to apply:
- Applications by email to Caitríona Walsh at firstname.lastname@example.org and must include “PhD Application for Confirm Centre – DPesch” in the subject line. Applications must include, in PDF format only:
- Full CV;
- Transcript of results for all university level modules and courses;
- Abstract describing final year undergraduate project (if applicable) one-page
- Abstract describing MSc project (if applicable) one-page
- Abstract describing relevant work experience (if applicable) one-page
- Statement explaining interest in research (300 words)
|Organization||University College Cork (UCC)|
Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Telecommunications
|Fellowship amount||€18,500 per annum|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||17 June 2019|