The Aston institute of Photonic Technologies (AiPT) at Aston University invites applications for four 3-year Postgraduate studentships, supported by the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC).
Studentship Financial Support:
- This studentship includes a fee bursary to cover the home/EU fees rate, plus a maintenance allowance of £15,285 (subject to eligibility. Actual stipend figure may be different for academic years other than 2020/21).
About the positions:
- Positions 1 and 2: PhD Studentship in Optical Phase Conjugation Based Optical Networks
- Position 3: Energy Efficient M Communication using Combs (EEMC)
- Position 4: Energy Efficient M Communication using Combs (EEMC)
- The successful applicant should have been awarded, or expect to achieve, a Master’s degree with a 60% or higher weighted average, and/or a First or Upper Second Class Honours degree (or an equivalent qualification from an overseas institution), in Physics or Electronic Engineering (or a subject related to optical communication).
- Preferred skill requirements include knowledge/experience of photonics or communications.
- Apply online and applications to be accompanied by a professionally referenced “research proposal” statement, which is consistent with the aims of one of the associated projects and demonstrates the applicants understanding of the current challenges of the specific research area.
- Candidates should take this opportunity to detail how their knowledge and experience will benefit the project and should also be accompanied by a brief review of relevant research literature.
|Subject areas||Physics or Electronic Engineering|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||01 October 2020|